Even though I haven’t been in school for 10 years (yikes!), post Labor Day and the beginning of fall just feels like the perfect time to give yourself a fresh start. It’s a good time to push the reset button, make a plan, get back into a schedule, and get to work.
I spent most of my long holiday weekend out by our pool reading my September issue magazines, finished this book and started this book. The Mr. and I took a day trip to Richmond, Virginia, where I finally got to see the one and only Need Supply store and it did not disappoint. I wanted to buy too many things. Mostly relaxing and spending time with my husband versus trying to work work work.
This year I’m making a conscious effort to think about how I’m resetting things for what is usually a crazy time of year — fall & holiday season. They might be ways you will find helpful in resetting for yourself as well!
5 WAYS TO RESET & GSD FOR FALL
- Do a major clean out — Your clothes, your beauty products, have the cleaning ladies come. Freshen up your space and start with a dust free clutter free space. My ebook The Life Edit (coming out this month!) will help with the closet cleaning, stay tuned!
- Get on a workout schedule — Figure out what works for you, put it on your calendar, and stick to it. For me, if I’m paying to belong somewhere (currently it’s Core Power Yoga), you better believe I’ll be going. For the most part when working out, I want someone telling me what to do and expecting me to be there. Also, always make sure you work out on Monday. You want to start your week off right to get into the habit! A trick I use to make sure I go is to look at the schedule at the beginning of each week, and schedule in the classes I want to go to on my calendar — like a meeting. I also give myself a 30 minute notice so I can change into my workout clothes and get out the door to the class. That notification is almost just as important as scheduling the class. I have no excuses not to go to class!
- Plan out your recipes and get groceries on the weekends — I always find that if I’ve picked out what I’m making for dinner during the week and I get my groceries before the work week starts, the entire week goes much more smoothly. Yes, I cook dinner almost every night!
- Set your goals for fall — Set aside some time to write down what your goals are for fall. Work, blog, financial, personal — all of them! My GSD ebook, coming out before the end of the year, will help with this as well!
- Get necessary supplies to support your goals — Need a yoga mat so you can stop saying your going to go to yoga (and actually go!)? Need some supplies for your business? Bite the bullet and get what you need so you can start working on things right away. No excuses!
Find all the items pictured in this post here:
I’m loving this Paris Los Angeles tee — it’s sooooo soft! If you get one, make sure to size down, they have a very oversized fit.
Photos by Laura Metzler