Living in DC (as opposed to previously living in Kansas City) I’ve had to majorly up my dressy clothing game. This city is much dressier on a daily basis then Kansas City, and also there are just a ton of events here, again, that are dressy. And there are photographers at every event, so as much as I love wearing a black dress to everything, it’s good to have some variety. I wasn’t convinced when I saw this dress on the hanger, but when I put it on I was sold. I found seven things to love about this one dress. Seriously, seven things. Don’t worry, I’ll tell you all of them.
1. It’s under $100!
2. You can wear it with heels and flats. For my height (5’7) it’s the perfect length for both.
3. Flattering cut. Anything that cinches right at the natural waist then flows away from the hips is perfect for me.
4. Because the only place it cinches is at the waist, the rest of the dress is barely touching you, which is great for hot summer weddings and events.
5. It’s black and white — so it’s classic, and you can add color if you want with your accessories and a jacket or cardigan, or not in my case.
6. No bra! Whenever possible, if I can get away with not wearing a bra, you better believe I’m going to.
7. Vertical lines — always slimming!
Heels and clutch for night, flats and tote for day.
All items pictured in this post:
My photographer caught me taking photos for Instagram.
More black and white maxi dresses for you to peruse: